With special thanks to the wonderful folks at Boxcar Press, we are happy to showcase these wonderful 11" x 17" custom letterpress poster prints of the Green Core Company Pledge. You'll now find these in the offices, storefronts and workplaces of participating GCC businesses in Central New York.
The pledge participating businesses make upon entering the program is as follows:
"We, NAME, pledge to being a better business and community member by:
- Improving our social standards to increase equity for all including staff and employees
- Improving our environmental standards to improve stewardship and health of our natural world both across the globe and at home;
- And acting as role models for social and environmental justice and equality.
This means we will act in the best of our ability to do no harm either through our products or our services or our operations, and will continue to innovate and use best practices and standards for benefitting the triple-bottom line of people, planet & profits both today and into future generations."
Visit the Green Core Company of Facebook to view pictures of some of our businesses with their pledge posters.
Click through to see a large picture of the pledge poster.
Green Core is honored to be featured with an article in CNY Business Exchange magazine. Visit the CNY Business Exchange at http://cnybusinessexchange.ny.newsmemory.com/ and navigate to the Oct 2011 issue pages 27-30 to read the full article.
The Green Core Company program is an official Sustainable Business Sponsor of the Syracuse First 2011 Buy Local Bash.
The Bash will be held on Monday November 21st at Benjamin's on Franklin in Armory Square, Syracuse from 6 pm to 9:30 pm.
Supporting local business is an integral part of developing our green and sustainable business infrastructure. Small local business is the true economic development force in our society, not only creating economic activity and jobs, but also supporting the ability for our neighbors and friends to create and build our own futures.
Celebrate local business at the bash with Live Music featuring Award winning LOS BLANCOS; Tasting stations from our communities best independent restaurants; Craft Beer and Wine samples; Fine Coffee, Tea, and desserts.
Tickets are $20 and are available at http://buylocalbash-eslihdr.eventbrite.com/
Find the Green Core Company display at the event, pick up info, and talk to a representative to learn more about how you can use the tools and resources of the Green Core Company program to go green!
The Green Core Company program has published its first electronic newsletter. Topics in the initial issue include:
- Learn how to apply for Commercialization Assistance Program (CAP) Grants through the Syracuse Center of Excellence.
- Find out about the The Green Core Company resource guide that features more than 185 pages of material including links, templates, examples, and sources.
- Read the Green Core Public Pledge.
- Take a peek at the SOHO Show and Green Core's presence with Syracuse First.